Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Trail Relay Has Arrived

I've been bitten by the trail running bug. A few months ago, I ran a mountain trail race here in Oaxaca, and it was the most fun I've had racing since high school cross country. I just heard about a new wrinkle in trail running: The Trail Relay!

The Ragnar Trail Cascades is an overnight running relay at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl in the state of Washington. Here's the rap from the official race website:

"Introducing Ragnar Trail Cascades-WA, an overnight trail running relay created for those with an adventurous spirit. Nestled in the heart of the Methow Valley among evergreen trees and endless views, Ragnar Trail Cascades will ignite your inner wild with a challenging course, vibrant sunrise/sunsets, and billions of stars. Crisp mountain air will fill your lungs as you conquer three different loops of trail running which feature awe-inspiring vistas of the Cascade Mountains. Ragnar Village offers both solitude and a party vibe as teams camp in and around the nearby Loup Loup Ski Area, make s'mores, star gaze, listen to live music, and cuddle up around the campfire with other Ragnarians."

Complete course info is also at the site, and it's enticing to read, beckoning a certain stripe of runner (well a certain type of relay team) to adventure. If I could do this run, I would! As I say, I've been bitten by the trail running bug, and also I'm a relay guy at heart, having churned out a steady stream of sub-two minute legs of the two-mile relay as an undergraduate at UMass some eons ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment